OGX 0.00% 0.3¢ orinoco gold limited

Opportunity cost of holding

1. 198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 173
    Hi All

One point I wanted to also raise for newbies is what is the opportunity cost of holding.

Our day will come, 50 bagger in the making, etc .. these comments have been increasing in voracity and velocity at the same pace as the shareprice has dropped from 13.5 C to 2.7 C
    My point I was also trying to make previously as to why I sold at 8 cents. It was opportunity cost. I saw value in other stock going up while OGX continued to slide

What is the opportunity costs to hold this stock when others are increasing in value. If a stock is continuing to drop you always have the option at selling and investing in another stock that could increase. If you miss doing this then you need to also add to your losses of OGX the opportunity costs of lists profits by staying in this stock.

I cannot see this share price increasing dramatically at any point in the next 12 months in my opinion. Why? Well there is a very very high chance that additional credit notes will be drawn upon. The existing 2 million first tranche credit note has only had a very small portion of it converted and look what it did to the share price. It dropped from 3.4 cents to 2.7 or nearly 20 percent. So if additional conversions in tranche 1 are realised and then add tranche 2,3,4 you are going to see a lot more dilution. It'll be harder to get any big gains from that point because the share volume will be 1.5 billion plus which is ALOT of shares issued for a miner that isn't actually bringing any profits to surface and won't for some foreseeable time.

How quickly can OGX get to 2000 Oz a month? That's 3.4 million a month give or take or 10 million a quarter... A long long time.
    So far they are at 220 Oz a quarter. If they can double production every 6 months; 220 Oz for h12018, 440 Oz for h22018, 880 Oz for h12019, 1760 Oz for h22019, 3520 Oz for h12020, 7040 Oz for h2020; at this point they would be doing 1170 Oz a month.... And that's doubling production every 6 months (very aggressive growth estimates)
    So based on that the second half of 2020 they will hit their 1000 Oz a month targets.

In the meantime if they achieved that at current costs of 2.9 million a quarter,plus the Cartesian gold payment of 1000 Oz a quarter, they will need to find 7000 Oz of Cartesian gold payments (11.9 million worth) from shareholders plus another 20 million dollars just to cover the 2.9 million a quarter in costs.

So at my guess to survive to get to second half of 2020 and doubling production numbers every half they will need give or take 30 million dollars to keep things going.
    On top of this any modifications to cil or to build a new mine or repair their existing gravity plant which DOESNT WORK, will be up for millions more.
    Then add to that they need to find some decent gold deposits, currently cuscavel is rich gold but very narrow veins very high dilution.
    Tailings I will not include as I believe they are just a pipe dream to put shareprice up. If there was gold in tailings OGX would have tried to get it already instead of going down the credit note route.

Ouch
    Last edited by Tdman1: 05/10/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OGX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.