SLA 0.00% $3.34 silk laser australia limited

I have been watching and trading SLA quietly over the past 12...

1. 375 Posts.
    I have been watching and trading SLA quietly over the past 12 months or so.....but this OPES debacle throws up all sorts of interesting possibilities. If the Solamind purchase were financed with Margin loans - then my understanding is all shares belong to ANZ under the terms of the borrowing facilities with ANZ (ie they would fall under their allmonies debenture/fixed and floating charge).

That means, if true, for Solamind to retain their current levels of shareholding they would have to buy the shares on the market (or direct from ANZ of course) - are they going to do this ? It would essentially mean their shareholding would have cost them double - ie $1.60 a time (at current levels). Financially it would be a nightmare for them.

If, however, a new party bought the shares from ANZ (and got a small discount or even entered into an auction/bidding war ) they will have got into the company very cheaply at a time when it has the potential to absolutely explode.

SLA is therefore in my eyes INCREDIBLY exposed to takeover
    . Here is a company that has a market ready product and the ideal person to drive distribution.

I think for all of us who now hold as a result of the T/H we might be in for a bonanza - albeit a very bumpy ride with lawyers all over the place trying to stop any corporate action. With the ensuing debacle shares will be bought up aggressively to either defend or attach the situation - and bet your bottom $ the hedge funds (vultures that they are) will start buying .......

On the one hand you have to feel for OPES clients and Solamind themselves - but if the picture is painted as above they unfortunately will lose out but we would be expected to have a field day as all surplus stock (exc ANZ) is bought up.

The next few days will be VERY interesting - hold on to your hats....

Just my thoughts - DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.