OPT 0.00% 34.5¢ opthea limited

Will be trying not to look at it for the next few months! It...

1. 15,422 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3907
    Will be trying not to look at it for the next few months!

It will push up eventually, but you would be crazy to assume that large institutional investors like Regal won't get the price significantly lower before we see the uptrend. There's a reason I am guessing that there was so little institutional interest in the placement, unless they suddenly believe the results will be negative (which I think is unlikely), they are waiting to buy on market at a much lower price. Let the raise participants sell, then the tax loss sellers (we are still in June), then the panic sellers, then those who have given up on the dream. Then sweep in and grab them cheap. Just like with the last raise, I am guessing we will see the price fall quite a bit below the raise price, sit and do nothing for about a month, and then (hopefully) explode upwards out of nowhere.

Not a fan of this raise though, would have preferred they simply did a large institutional placement at 30c if that was the only option to get the instos onboard. As we have seen with other stocks recently, the price would have quickly rallied well above a dollar as the instos would have had their fills, and would be ready to simply accumulate steadily on market. Instead we will likely see plenty of games over the next few months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $376.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.5¢ 35.0¢ 34.0¢ $402.5K 1.164M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 506452 34.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 1059809 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.