OPT 3.16% 76.5¢ opthea limited

Thanks, PigRace! I’ve added information from EyeBio’s website...

1. 1,344 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 330
    Thanks, PigRace! I’ve added information from EyeBio’s website and your comments into the Opthea GPT and created this Q&A about a Restoret as a competitor.

PigRace (or anyone) if you has suggestions for improvements or notices any inaccuracies, please feel free to point them out and I will update.

Competitor Q&A: EyeBio’s Restoret

Q E1: What is Restoret, and what were the key results from its AMARONE trial?
    A: Restoret is an investigational drug developed by EyeBio for treating retinal diseases, including DME and wAMD. In the AMARONE trial, Restoret showed a +11.2 letter gain in visual acuity in treatment-naive DME patients when used as monotherapy. For the wAMD group, which included only 5 patients, the total visual acuity gain was around 11 letters, including the effects of aflibercept, making it difficult to isolate Restoret's specific contribution.

Q E2: How does the AMARONE trial compare to Opthea's OPT-302 Phase 2b trial?
    A: The OPT-302 Phase 2b trial enrolled 366 treatment-naive wAMD patients, providing more robust and statistically significant data. In contrast, the AMARONE trial had a much smaller sample size with only 31 total patients and limited data for wAMD, making the results less conclusive.

Q E3: What is the current status and future timeline for Restoret's development?
    A: Restoret is in the early stages of clinical development. Following the AMARONE trial, EyeBio plans to initiate a Phase 2b/3 trial for wAMD in Q4 2024, with topline data expected by Q2 2026. A subsequent Phase 3 trial is projected to begin in Q4 2026, with potential market entry not expected until after 2029. This timeline places Restoret approximately 4 years behind Opthea’s Sozinibercept.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.