options trading, page-9

1. 340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Thanks for your kind offer Lindfield - will be good when things are a bit easier for you.

I was inspired to learn options when I read a story 30 years ago about a younger Janet Holmes a Court stopping at the stock exchange on her way to lunch with a reporter and using an arbitrage option strategy to pick up a few hundred for lunch. :) I didn't have a clue what options were then but it sounded good to me.

I have been trying to grasp the strategies used in trading options for years but recently I have tackled the job properly. I would like to initially paper trade a few current options - using strategies simple at first and then adding more complex ones in as a way of understanding them.

Maybe we could discuss the best choice of share/index and the strategy/combination we want to try, then post the details of the paper trade and track progress on here. I am very open to any other ideas.

Like you I am fairly tied up here and I will have a clearer head and hopefully more time before too long.

Cheers
    raine

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.