CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

I just wanted to outline some possible scenarios for what may...

1. 1,190 Posts.
    I just wanted to outline some possible scenarios for what may happen.

Firstly, the company said last week that it had problems with a lender for "under $200m". The assumption now, based on reports, etc. is that this is WestLB and is being driven by their own capital issues in Europe.

Newspaper articles have to be written, submitted, edited, positioned and finalised by the evening before going to press so we can safely assume that anything we read in the printed press is at least 12 hours old. A lot happens in 12 hours. Online happens quicker, but often just rehashes what is being written elsewhere until new information actually comes to light.

So, firstly there is a chance this issue has been resolved overnight, the papers are out-of-date and we will see a full ann today giving details of the extension, etc.

If not, remember that CNP and CER are in TH until 10:00am tomorrow morning. If the company thinks it can resolve the issue by tomorrow, we may see nothing today (a sensible approach) and the big ann tomorrow morning pre-open.

Remember also that the deadline has now passed. For the shares to come back onto the market the company MUST make some form of announcement.

If the company needs longer than tomorrow, as I see it they have limited options:

1. Request and extension to the TH, which would have to be carefully considered by the ASX and may not be approved.

2. Request a suspension of quotation. This is a very possible option. I quite like this option.

3. Make an announcement that a short-term extension has been given and resume trading. Selfishly, I do not like this option at all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.