OIL 2.47% 8.3¢ optiscan imaging limited

Optiscan is 100000% more significant than Cochlear

1. 34 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 81

Cochlear is an Australian company which was formed in 1981. It designs and manufactures hearing implants and holds approximately 75 percent of the worldwide implant market. In 2011, Forbes named Cochlear as one of the world’s most innovated companies. Today Cochlear has a market capitalisation of 12.72 billion with a 52-week high share price of $257.

Optiscan was formed around 1997. In October 1999 to March 2000 the share price peaked at $3.20 with a day closing high of $2.90. The share price is now 14 cents with a 52-week high of 47 cents. Optiscan’s technological advances in the past 20 years are remarkable. Undeniably, Optiscan is now the global leader in the development of endomicroscopic imaging technologies. As you are aware but not many others, the technology enables real-time, in vivo imaging at the cellular level in human and animal tissue.

With great respect to Cochlear, the company technology relates to the human ear (hearing) which is insignificant when to compared to the impact of cancer on the human population. I am in no way degrading the significance of hearing disabilities. However, human cancers effect every person in the world. We all have friends or relatives who have cancer, if we do not have cancer ourself. In fact, if a human lives long enough he or she will be affected by cancer.

My point being is Optiscan’s technology impact on mankind is thousands of multiples more significant than Cochlear. Yet the world’s knowledge and more so the public’s knowledge of Optiscan’s technology is virtually non-existent. And the only way to change this and advance its use in our hospitals and medical clinics is by public momentum. The pending results of the breast cancer trials should be the main headline on the TV news when they are released. I know this is trite and has been stated before, every week there are medical break through stories on the TV news but never a story about Optiscan.

In conclusion, the difference between Cochlear and Optiscan is public awareness. When presented the TGA should fast track the approval for the InVivage and its many future offshoots. The delay is costing lives and the reduction in cost for cancer detection and treatment. I do not want to die of cancer because the unavailability of Optiscan’s technology. Cancer kills.

Perhaps the Sunday prophet could provide us with an extensive list of all the future applications for Optiscan’s technology?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OIL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.3¢
Change
0.002(2.47%)
Mkt cap ! $69.33M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.3¢ 8.4¢ 8.2¢ $2.228K 26.79K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4301 8.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.5¢ 14219 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.6¢
  Change
0.002 ( 4.88 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.3¢ 8.6¢ 8.3¢ 6950
Last updated 13.48pm 03/05/2024 ?
OIL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.