NWT 0.00% 11.5¢ newsat limited

-- What much has changed from this story??Back to the...

1. 1,476 Posts.
    -- What much has changed from this story??

Back to the allegations Singapore has spied on Australia for more than 20 years, even to the extent of recruiting a mole inside one of our most sensitive communications facilities.

This is an extremely delicate moment for such allegations to be made, virtually on the eve of a decision by the Foreign Investment Review Board on whether SingTel should be allowed to take over Optus. The deadline for that decision is 20 September.

The Singapore-owned telco has been at the heart of allegations at home that it's been used to spy on its own people and its links to the ruling oligarchy and the military in the island state are profound. So, can we secure our own telephones if SingTel takes over Optus?

And what of the secret defence communications equipment packed into the Optus satellite?

How can its security be guaranteed?

-- THAT IS THE MULTI MILLION DOLLAR NBN QUESTION.
    (and the point of this post so if someone can answer why we should continue to be the ONLY country in the OECD that does this??)

Full transcript:

http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/stories/s344102.htm

HC rates high on Google and reporters sometimes use HC for research. By the way: Optus have 4 teleports but they are not manned 24/7 as per NWT as far as I know so how do you know who is plugging in what? One is their Intelsat 10 TT&C backup site (only) one is just for 2 Intelsat satellites, as well as New Skies. At the end of the day foreign owned all of them.

NWT is talking about manned 24/4 high grade MIL teleports, i.e. Each have climate controlled hosting facilities, UPS power, ample rack space, 24 hours a day 365 days a year first level support and dedicated multi-path terrestrial inter-connections to support any satellite video, voice and data communication requirements. 24 Hour, 365 Day a Year Support.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.