SBN 0.00% 0.0¢ sun biomedical limited

Hi Harvett,Just folowing on from earlier posts, this has been...

1. 1,017 Posts.
    Hi Harvett,

Just folowing on from earlier posts, this has been lifted from the last SBN shareholders update:

"SBL has assigned the initial production of prototype units for delivery in early November and the product will be launched at the Medica show which is being held in Germany on 19 to 22 November 2008. The permanent mould will be produced during December 2008 with a volume production run planned for delivery in late January 2009"

Here are a couple of questions that I would pose for the forum with the view of clarifying the general understanding of SBN holders in respect to exactly what JK and Co have been doing in Germany. The Collins Cobuild dictionary makes reference to the word "launch" as follows:

"If a company launches a new product, it makes it available to the public".

Question 1 Given the above, does a prototype production and an extended production timeline constitute a basis for the use of the word "launch"?

or

Question 2 Have we in fact selectively used our own understanding of the word "launch" and proceeded to ignore the reference to proptotypes and future production timelines to form our own views, ideas and expectations on the matter. Conversely, it may be argued that the SBN management themselves have not fully understand the real and literal meaning of the word "launch" since clearly the product is not yet-:

a) ready for distribution to the public

b) is offered on a "first specification view" basis to select distributors that may then begin planning their distribution programs for the eventual launch in late January 2009.

I guess what I am alluding to here is that there may be some justification in apportioning blame to SBN management and their incorrect use of the term "launch" in updates etc. and further, as a postnote, their tardiness on actually getting on the front foot in recognising the anomaly in shareholder understanding (if we can believe their own admissions that they are avid readers of HC).

Is this a mistake of huge proportions, I would think not!

Just a few additional thoughts for what they are worth.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.