VLA 0.00% $1.75 viralytics limited

Orbimed, page-34

1. 1,172 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 71
    I undersatand where you are coming from Montra.... I am not expert in such issues.
    However I do have a highly placed contact with approximately 12 years experience in the Biotec sphere and have come to realise he does have significant knowledge in this area.
    He and his circle of colleagues believe that Amgen have not achieved results initially expected/hoped for.
    I do not know how Pharmas value these things either.... and I am sure their respective valuations would also differ, when valuing the same entity.
    I guess how... and what... slots into their specific "portfolio" would drive the price they would pay.
    His explanation to me recently was that if another Company with similar Clinical results as Biovex.... and I guess VLA fits this particular scenario... were to attract the attention of a Pharma, then the offer would be in the vicinity of half of the Amgen/Biovex deal.
    Again... I'm not the expert.
    I do suspect if that were the case it may be a result of so much more Immunotherapy study happening since the aforesaid deal... and Pharmas just don't see the urgency to leap in with extravagant offers.
    I've been aboard VLA for seemingly forever and based on the Amgen/Biovex deal I had expected far more interest from a predator before now.
    Now I'm seeing the whole picture far more realistically and believe Pharmas simply want a whole lot more Clinical data than what is on offer.... before having the golden chat with the target.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VLA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.