FML 0.00% 14.0¢ focus minerals ltd

Hi CW,You do great work and I really appreciate the value you...

1. 41 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Hi CW,

You do great work and I really appreciate the value you add to this forum.

I agree with you and don’t rate this OM downgrade, it is too reactive for me. I can understand why OM downgraded fml based on last quarter results, but investing is about looking to the future, seeing potential and capitalising on it.

I wasn’t disappointed with production results last quarter, they were in line with information given at the AGM last November. We knew about the rain and the mill shut down.

The following was forecast gold production guidance given by cre and fml in the last quarter compared to actual production results.

Gold production (oz)
    CRE
    Forecast 17,000-19,000
    Actual 15,666 this figure was given to us in the CEO’s AGM presentation last November

FML
    Forecast 20,000-25,000 this guidance was given to us last November
    Actual 21,432

FML consolidated
    Forecast 37,000-44,000
    Actual 37,098

Equity production
    Forecast 33,872-40,504
    Actual 34,216

As you can see, cre/fml were both within forecasts given at the AGM last November. Nothing to surprise us in the last quarterly report here.

OM said that equity production was 18% less than their expectation. That means they were expecting 41,726, which is 1,222oz above the top guidance range given at the agm in November. I don’t think it is fair to say that they had ‘Significantly lower than expected gold production’, it should read ‘OM had significantly higher expectations than what was forecast’. OM call the equity production ‘disappointing, even though it was within forecasts given over two months ago. If I was advising investors (which I’m not), I would have downgraded the share price in November, with an upgrade coming out now.

Looking to the future, will OM re-rate the fml group if they produce 50,000oz as forecast next quarter, with lower costs? We know the direction the share price will have headed by then, and proactive, not reactive investors will be the winners. And people wonder why share prices sometimes jump after quarterly reports come out, only to settle down again……. Is it the sizzle of reactive investors getting burnt?

This is not financial advice in any sense, just my thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $40.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.0¢ 14.0¢ $875 6.251K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 112305 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 9930 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.27am 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.