NorbitaYour posts keep relaying your personal history and...

1. 845 Posts.
    Norbita

Your posts keep relaying your personal history and beliefs, ("now is the best time to buy") Always citing your years of experience, as a keystone that your opinions hold validity.

That is fine, I am sure you mean well.

It is a nice story that you want to see your children succeed ( I am not sure if they are a FHB and you now have concerns for them ??... but this is irrelevant)

My arguments have been relevant to facts being published, not about personal histories.

To advice people that this is the best time to buy is reckless advice, in light of what the property market is shaping up to be. Why would you not say perhaps next year might be a good time. (I'll bet you a case of beer that prices will be 20% lower in 12 months)

You keep referring your personal position and presupposing that this paradigm will continue because it has always been so.

May I remind you that the paradigm you were born into (I'm presuming you are a baby boomer or close to) is a social class that has been like a wave affecting each decade as they move through each phase.

They were a hinder when at school, and university as they were costing society.

They were a powerhouse of productivity when in the workforce.

They were a flood of investment money resulting in a long term boom.

They will be a hinderance again when they move into retirement and require taxation to be diverted to assist them in their twilight years.

So, this paradigm of ones experience such as yourself has been within the context of a group of people moving through society as a collective. That collective retold themselves the story of property being the asset class of choice (which it can be) to the point that they are over weight in to an inflated asset class.

You may well be blinded by the trees for the sake of the forest. Cycles undulate not just over 7, 10 or 17 year periods.

The oldest historical records held on property is that of Amsterdam, where there are clear fifty year cycles. With the minor degree cycles fluctuating within these larger periods.

( I am not saying we are heading into any large fifty year cycle, just that your experience does not extend to these larger plays, and that ones experience is only relevant if the paradigm of their history continues, which invariably it doesn't)

We have just started the great deleveraging in the share market, why do you believe a deleveraging will not happen in the property market.

It would be nice if you stay on track with your points about the market and not about what others could do if they just put their mind to it. It is irrelevant to the argument which is that we are heading into a corrective phase, and most importantly now is NOT a good time to buy,

See you in 12 months.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.