AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Respectfully...it seems that some of you don't understand what...

1. 634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Respectfully...it seems that some of you don't understand what creates price increases in stocks. It does not always relate to the actual 'revenue' leading into a new market which Orocobre has joined with the Oloroz operation. Most long term investors...meaning funds...banks...institutional...etc. do not buy the company based on the current earnings...or even next years earnings. They are looking out 5-10 years ahead of the retail investor. In their eyes the fluctuations of stock price daily, weekly, even monthly is not of concern. They are taking the long view which is typically about 14-15 times earnings in this kind of company. You do the math. An investment firm with $3 billion in assets is not concerned about the current price of the stock. They are concerned with the forward outlook and forward earnings. So when you guys get so caught up in this earnings game and daily stock pricing it kind of lends a deaf ear to the board. I thought this board...being in Australia would have a little more succinct observation powers since it was here among the executive offices of these mining companies and would have more relevant information than a equivalent board in the US. However I am beginning to have my doubts. None of my questions ever seem to get answered or weighed in the context of the actual market...rather they are met with one sentence rebuttals or in the case of AC ...chapter and verse :0) I would like to think that there are some people here that looking at the 'valuation' argument, rather than the continuing conversation about production numbers. There is about a 2 year difference in the way funds look at things....and the way retail investors view them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.