AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I was watching the depth leading up to 4pm. I thought I'd check...

1. 237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    I was watching the depth leading up to 4pm. I thought I'd check prior to posting onto the forum, and the auction price jumped.... not that it stayed there (that's for tomorrow perhaps...).

What I did notice though was that at about 3.58pm the depth on the "buy" side from 9.00 and up was 114,000 (sell side was 162,000 from 9.20 down from memory). After the auction, at 4.10pm that had grown to about 430,000 (from memory). As it stands at 5.23pm it is at 17,000.

I also noticed that throughout the course of the day the overall buy/sell was in the general vicinity of 650k/1.0mil. At the time of the auction, and hence the indicative price jumping to 9.55 early on, was that the "buy" side increased to 1.6mil (from memory). As at 5.23pm the overall buy/sell is at 675k/910k.

Personally I prefer to watch the pips close to the action, hence my interest in the volumes from 9.00 and up, 9.20 and down. I look at both sides to see if there is a general push in either direction. So tomorrow, I'll be looking at 9.07 to 9.27 in the lead up to opening of trade, depending on the pre-market crossover.

BTW: not a day trader.

The only way I can think of that you might get an out of market "indicative" price after the auction is to go to Yahoo finance or similar websites. I believe the brokers can file their transactions until 7pm (someone please confirm), so there can be adjustments after the auction that you wouldn't normally see until the lead up to open.

L

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.