AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Every lithium producer is stuck with long term contracts with...

1. 166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    Every lithium producer is stuck with long term contracts with bad pricing, every single one. Even PLS, their spot pricing auctions are only for a small amount of extra volume. Nothing to do with Toyota. It's worth noting that the current long term contracts are mostly with the Chinese, read this: https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-orocobre-limited-multi-year-contracts.5181853/ Looks like we've still got about 18 months on that one.

Brine is much slower to get producing than hard rock, just how it is. They'll get spod out the door before SDV, even if SDV started construction 12 months ago. Olaroz Stage 2 should be able to take advantage of those spot prices though, it would be interesting to see if there are any revised timelines on when that lithium will be ready. It hasn't been contracted out yet, as far as I am aware. There are MOUs, but no contracts. But of course, lithium demand isn't going anywhere, it's not going to magically disappear after 3 years. Don't rush it, get SDV done right because these operations will be running for many decades to come.

ORE usually do fairly detailed quarterlies when it comes to their operations, so I'm hoping we get some good information about SDV. I have no doubt they're getting their plans in order. Looking forward to it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.