CSM cosmo gold limited

actually this is a fairly significant event. I am surprised...

Currently unlisted. Proposed listing date: TBA
  1. 3,698 Posts.
    actually this is a fairly significant event. I am surprised nobody has commented on it.

particularly this bit...........

CVRD's move came just days after former BHP Billiton chief executive Brian Gilbertson formed a private equity consortium that includes US-based AMCI to make a tilt at Perth miner Consolidated Minerals. Some analysts had speculated AMCI's Australian coal assets might eventually be folded into ConsMins. AMCI Australia, with headquarters in Brisbane, produces 8 million tonnes of predominantly coking coal a year at open-cut and underground mines in the Hunter Valley and the Bowen Basin.

"The deal complements CVRD's overarching strategy of providing a complete suite of steel-making raw materials," Macquarie Equities global resources analyst Sophie Spartalis said. "(It) provides a platform for CVRD to further launch its coal growth strategy."

I wonder what this all means to CSM.

Might be worth baring in mind that CSM has 10 percent of the world's manganese.

So if CVRD has an "overarching strategy of providing a complete suite of steel-making raw materials", perhaps they might like 10 percent of the world's manganese.

What's your spin on it?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.