ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

org situation

1. 904 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Any relevance to other LNG companies?
    I guess it depends on the source of the material.
    I hope it's not a by-product of the process... doesn't seem possible.

Media Release
    19 October 2010
    Coal Seam Gas well-monitoring update
    Australia Pacific LNG has advised relevant landowners, Western Downs Regional council and the
    Queensland government that traces of BTEX have been found in fluid samples taken from eight
    exploration wells in the Surat Basin, west of Miles.
    Water produced from the relevant wells is contained in lined and fenced ponds and tanks for
    treating, as per normal operational practice. It is isolated from water courses and livestock.
    Australia Pacific LNG has briefed the environmental regulator (the Department of Environment
    and Resource Management) and the Minister for Sustainability and Climate Change, Kate Jones.
    The Minister has requested, and Australia Pacific LNG has agreed, that confirmatory testing be
    undertaken by an independent service provider.
    The traces were found as part of Australia Pacific LNG?s routine testing, from samples of fluids
    from hydraulic fractured exploration wells. However, Australia Pacific LNG does not use BTEX in
    its fracture fluids and the supplier has confirmed that the fluids do not contain BTEX.
    Comprehensive testing is currently underway, aimed at determining the source of the BTEX. BTEX
    is found in a range of oil-based products including lubricating oil, diesel and petrol.
    Australia Pacific LNG is in the process of consulting with relevant landowners and the community.
    The fracture stimulation of exploration wells will only continue upon a satisfactory resolution.
    All evidence available to Australia Pacific LNG indicates there has been no impact on surrounding
    landholder bores. The company will undertake further testing in consultation with landholders in
    the coming days.
    Editors note: BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, xylene)
    For further

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.