ORG 2.00% $9.79 origin energy limited

ORG Take over price $9/Share, why current share price is low, page-19

1. 27,038 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4627
    I’m a full glass in both hands and the fridge stacked with coldies to keep me going kinda guy
    Which bit of ORG’s ordinary business being acquired by friendly, globally successful North American institutional investors/fund managers with billions to splash around and actually get what has to be done done, unconstrained by activist shareholders, could be remotely deemed contrary to the national interest? I would argue it’s against the national interest for ORG to remain an ASX listed woke plaything a minute longer than necessary!

FIRB General guidance
    The Australian Government welcomes foreign investment for the significant benefits it provides, while recognising the need to ensure investments are not contrary to the national interest. Foreign investment has helped build Australia’s economy, and it will continue to enhance the wellbeing of Australians by supporting economic growth and innovation into the future. Without foreign investment, production, employment and income would all be lower.
    Foreign investment brings many benefits. It supports existing jobs and creates new jobs, encourages innovation and the induction of new technologies and skills, provides access to markets and promotes competition amongst our industries.
    The Government reviews foreign investment proposals on a case by case basis to ensure they are not contrary to the national interest. This flexible approach is preferred to hard and fast rules. Rigid laws that prohibit a class of investments too often also stop valuable investments. The case by case approach maximises investment flows, while protecting Australia’s interests.
    The Government works with applicants to ensure the national interest is protected. If it is ultimately determined that a proposal is contrary to the national interest, it will not be approved, or conditions will be applied to safeguard the national interest.
    The Government expects all investors (both foreign and domestically‑owned) to comply with Australia’s laws and maintain high standards of conduct at all times. This includes following both the spirit and the letter of Australian law, and acting in good faith in complying with any conditions imposed by the Government.
    Foreign investors should familiarise themselves with Australia’s foreign investment framework and ensure they comply with the law. Failure to do so may result in the imposition of penalties.

https://firb.gov.au/general-guidance
    Last edited by CEOChair: 11/01/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.