organic food poisons thousands,kills 35., page-67

1. 1,484 Posts.
    Sorgman,

I suspect you know the answer to your question

so why do so many people critisise current high yield agriculture so much?

I suspect, much of permaculture is small scale "gardens" where people are motivated by respect and a desire to understand more about natural systems - the food is a bonus. Easy to be righteous about this stuff.

Large Scale Agriculture is a totally performance based investment, often heavily subsidized. Respect of environment is not a number 1 priority. You would know better than I, how much damage to environment actually comes from this sector. I doubt it is all Benign and full of earthworms.

Do you believe that Monsato could ever "release" something that could do irreversible damage ?

Do you think there is room for better practice to be introduced into a percentage of Large Scale Agriculture?

I dont know much about large scale Organic farming, but there is always room for improvement.

Agreed - So long as we have big populations who want cheap grains and meat as well as cheap energy - We have no choice - but we can still keep looking, because what we are doing is not working.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.