PAA 6.38% 25.0¢ pharmaust limited

From the herald sun 3/8/20FULL IMPACT OF COVID-19 COULD SOON BE...

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 178

From the herald sun 3/8/20

FULL IMPACT OF COVID-19 COULD SOON BE REVEALED

Melbourne researchers are growing human organs in a lab to map COVID-19 damage and find targeted treatments to combat the virus.

Amid growing evidence COVID-19 is impacting all areas of some victims’ bodies, including their heart and brains, the team led by Murdoch Children’s Research Institute, is racing to uncover the long-term consequences.

The cutting-edge project — which also involves the Doherty Institute, Monash University, and the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute — is one of seven backed under a $5.5 million COVID-19 research fund to be announced on Monday by the Andrews Government.

To jump ahead of the long-term impacts, the Melbourne collaboration has unlocked a way to use stem cells to grow lungs, heart, kidneys, brain, immune system and blood vessel tissue in their laboratories, and infect them with coronavirus.

MCRI director of cell biology Professor Melissa Little said targeted drugs able to help each area could be hastened.

“People don’t quite appreciate yet that this is attacking our heart muscle, it’s attacking our kidneys, it is even attacking our brains,” Prof Little said.

Once again, shareholders patience are being tested and I can’t stress enough that WEHI and other top research institutions are doing everything they can to desperately find a genuine treatment and to learn more on the virus. The Victorian government has put in another $5.5m for the collaboration and more tests are being done not just on human lung tissue, but also on heart, kidneys, brain, immune system and blood vessel tissue that scientists are able to grow in their labs using stem cells.

So when Sam said the tests are “incomplete” and they are conducting more tests, I take it with confidence that WEHI are doing more tests on other human organs as well. From the tone of his voice, he sounded confident and excited. I seriously think MPL is one of the top contenders and WEHI wouldn’t waste any time if it was a dud. PATIENCE YOUNG GRASSHOPPER!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
0.015(6.38%)
Mkt cap ! $98.75M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.5¢ 26.0¢ 23.5¢ $454.4K 1.820M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 25000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
24.5¢
  Change
0.015 ( 3.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.0¢ 26.0¢ 23.5¢ 583024
Last updated 15.57pm 25/04/2024 ?
PAA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.