SXY 0.00% $4.60 senex energy limited

CEOChair,I think you are overlooking the significance of volume...

1. 1,932 Posts.
    CEOChair,

I think you are overlooking the significance of volume and how it relates to the days price action. 4Million shares of today's volume passed within the first hour, the SP gapped up and after 4 million shares (the daily average of SXY) didn't go anywhere except down a bit. This can only mean significant selling pressure at .80ish cents.

No I'm going to take a punt and say your position in SXY is far less than say 500,000 shares. Your knowledge on SXY is very likely to be no more than what is gained through ASX releases and maybe the occasional news piece. I'm not meaning to be insulting in any way.

Those people/entities with significant positions in SXY, ie >500,000 shares quite likely do this as their career, they very likely have more knowledge in SXY and all of cooper basin than use. They probably have several people dedicated to researching this knowledge with a good amount of capital behind that research to do things like Site Visits.

So the reason why I say volume and price action is important is because these people who have the positions capable of trading millions of shares are also the people with far greater knowledge in the company(s), if they think that SXY is a sell today at .80cents or so, they probably have a good reason. The fact of the matter is, without their capital support the SP of SXY cannot rise, retail investors alone can't hold up a stock.

That doesn't mean that in a days time, or a week or month or whatever they wont change their position and where they rate the stock. It will all be in relation to the other companies in the Cooper Basin as well as other completely different opportunities elsewhere.

At least use their price actions as a guide to your own evaluation, if they think it is a sell at 80cents and you think it is at $1.60, perhaps you are missing a piece of the puzzle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.