Osho - short essay, page-12

1. 7,404 Posts.
    i didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me
    this why one needs to develop discerment
    listening to the various dhamma talks, i always have a critical ear as well as a ear that is receptive
    only a fool would suck it all in like a dry sponge
    if i'm not sure about something then i will put it to the test.

sexual attraction promises so much but actually delivers so little
    i think that dropping a few codine pills is better, but that also leads to serious problems.

the way to go is to cultivate a happiness that is increasingly non-dependent - harder do do in a world that is becoming increasingly sensory dependent for temporary satisfaction.
    it is much better to go for sati-sfaction, rather than run-of-the-mill satisfaction

am currently alternating weeks not eating after lunch
    it's interesting to notice how one is actually creating suffering for oneself
    we are creatures of habit (re-ligion) and it is possible to get on top of bad habits of body, speech and mind, but creating habits that counter them, and also by watching the processes.

oral sex makes me laugh
    on the hidden cam vids you see tradesmen in folks houses hunting down womens panties and sniffing them.

if bodily fluids were so tasty (smell and taste are closely linked), why can't you by food that is flavoured with them?
    yum?

osho doesn't appear to mention the deeper source of the guilt, (in much the same way that some scriptures issue advise, but omit the reasoning behind it), which is consequence of a subconscious rememberance that each time the action is not going to meet ones expectations - fall short
    just like the happy effect of drugs and booze wear off the more that they are used
    that is a better analogy of sin - missing the mark
    aiming for this, but are doing that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.