MTE 0.00% 3.0¢ metrocoal limited

other examples, page-34

1. 6,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 256
    The criteria that valinvestor set was "a company that will have the biggest thermal coal resource in Queensland by end of this year". So that would naturally include ALL companies whether they are listed or non-listed, and would also include ALL companies whether they are an explorer or producer.

However, if you are discussing just the short list of ASX listed bituminous coal exploration companies working out of the Surat Basin, then, yes, MTE has one of the larger resources, if not the largest. Is that a great feat? Well you have to remember that a large part of the Surat is being worked on for gaseous resources, thus there is less competition for that title that MTE can probably lay claim to.

I suspect that GUF will soon take the crown for having the largest coal resource of all ASX listed companies in Australia, however. They have SO much land in the Galilee Basin that I wouldn't put it past them to define 15Bt+ of resources over the coming couple of years.

And for what its worth David, Hancock and Waratah are both explorers, not producers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.