MSB 2.23% $1.10 mesoblast limited

Other Inflammatory Diseases - Future Potential for MSB

1. 1,076 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1487
    There have been many great posts covering the upside from MSB's existing pipeline of product candidates and the indications they address, so I have decided to look elsewhere: the potential for MSB to treat other inflammatory diseases.

It is my contention that there are many other major inflammatory diseases that may be successfully treated, and even cured, by MSB's mesenchymal adult lineage stem cells (MLC) platform. MSB has referred to this platform in relation to the development of cell-based regenerative medicine therapies.

We already know that MSB's product candidates work well with many indications characterised by cytokine storms attacking organs of the body (e.g. ARDS and aGVHD). SI has described the process as "MSCs are activated by inflammatory cues and then secrete factors that turn off the inflammation before secreting effectors that then result in tissue repair". We also know that excessive chronic production of inflammatory cytokines contribute to inflammatory diseases, so there is every reason to believe that MSB's products can also work to control the behaviour of cytokines in other inflammatory diseases not yet subject to trials by MSB. When I looked at many published papers on various inflammatory diseases, most kept mentioning the causes as out-of-control pro-inflammatory cytokines as a major factor.

For the information of MSB investors and other Hot Copper posters, I have attached a list (may be incomplete) of 24 major inflammatory diseases with the potential to respond to MSB treatments. A small number of these are already in MSB's pipeline for testing and approval (I have these at the bottom of the table for completeness), but most are not. Many of you will probably not want to read all of the following, but I am sharing it for those who do. Some of the major diseases now being associated with imflammation and cytokines are Diabetes, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Cystic Fibrosis, Multiple Sclerosis, Asthma, Depression, Ceoliac Disease, Lupus and Psoriasis, to name only a few.

What this clearly tells me is that MSB can most likely continue to investigate the application of their MLC platform to new and significant indications for a very long time to come, and that this platform has the potential to have a bigger benefit on human health than any other single product or platform, perhaps on a par with the discovery of antibiotics. As a shareholder, I am proud to be funding MSB on this journey.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2287/2287433-e989962356e8b056848f19aa49d411c7.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.10
Change
-0.025(2.23%)
Mkt cap ! $1.250B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.13 $1.16 $1.04 $14.57M 13.49M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 21024 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.10 241 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.