CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

other options

1. 824 Posts.
    I wonder whether CFU management have spoken to EFIC. Looking at EFICs website, CFU might be able to get loan guarantee to help it get working capital for expansion. I emphasize might.

I am aware of other firms that have done it and been able to arrange loans that capitalize the interest so that cash is not burnt on interest repayments.

It seems a no brainer, but unfortunately now is not the time to be tapping retail investors for cash - most are sitting losses on all fronts, super, share market and housing prices. They need to be looking for investors with a better risk profile. I for one would not be opposed to them getting a cornerstone investor and giving them 15% of the company. I don't like dillution, but without cash things aren't looking good. And the right cornerstone investor might send a message to the world that CFU has potential and re-rate the shareprice. Groups like Berkshire Hathaway come to mind though they might want the whole thing. I know, I am dreaming.

German utilities might well be another option. Gas and electricity suppliers must have an interest in the potential of CFU.

In my opinion, they would have been better served getting a cornerstone investor and then doing a spp or rights issue. I think punters would have felt a whole lot happier to put money in if they knew that CFU already had substantial funds to sustain it.

Who knows, maybe they tried that and didn't have any luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.