CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

Other players in Europe, page-9

1. 1,731 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    Yes, agreed. The BlueGen is basically an electric generator with some excess co-produced heat whilst the Flow Energy boiler is a water heater with some co-produced electricity.

But let's face it - at current prices, the Flow Energy boiler is going to sell like hotcakes compared to the BlueGen.

Most houses need a water heater. To market a water heater that also cuts dollars off your power bills is a winner if the boiler involved does not cost an exorbitant amount. Flow Energy seems to have succeeded in this in that their packages effectively give you the boiler for *free* with expected power bill reductions. I think most people would seriously consider this offer.

On the other hand, the BlueGen is primarily an electricity generator with excess heat which is not enough to run your showers at home and could probably only be used as pre-heating for your hot water system. Here's the problem. A 1.5kW generator running 24/7 will produce 1.5x24x365=13140kWh of energy in 1 year. At an electricity tariff of about $0.20 per kWh, that's an annual power savings of $2628. At a cost per BlueGen of, say, $30k, that's a 10 year pay back time. Not a compelling argument.

If CFU can get the retail price of a BlueGen unit down to less than $10k per unit, they will sell like hotcakes.

In contrast, if CFU cannot get the retail price down to that level, I think the company is doomed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.