BEN 0.52% $11.71 bendigo and adelaide bank limited

ouch!,-that huirst, page-9

1. 65 Posts.

Bendigo,

You make some very good points and provide some good background as to the history of some of these deals and correctly point out that it was not in fact a Hirst decision in the first place.

I have been critical of Hirst on here but not in any way blaming or sledging him for the investments I made, they were absolutely my decision.

My criticism at Hirst personally was bourne out of the letter he signed and sent to me stating I should pay up for my loan because I have a legal obligation to do so. This is at a time when I am part of a class action disputing the validity of that loan.

I actually dont care that much which way the case falls however, his letter was part of a wider scare and propoganda campaign to get people to repay (yes I know, protecting his shareholders). However, his letter presumed the legal case was frivolous (offensive to me given I have paid a lawyer who beleives it isnt). I believe in the legal system in this country and will abide by its ruling. Hirst on the other hand discounted it completely which I think is an attempt to deny me (and others) my right to be heard on this.

As an investor and creditor of GTP, nearly 2 years on, none of us have any idea what has gone on and where we stand. So with a Hirst appointed tow truck driver at my door (you think I jest) and his ridiculous letter AND with uncertainty over the validity of the loan I am entitled to stand my ground and be a bit p*&ssed with him.

Seperately, I think the understatement of provisions for doubtful debts is part of the strategy to encourage people to pay. If I am right on this, it is a breach of the Corps Act and a another way a big corporate tries to screw the little guy.

I just want my day in court on a level playing field, no BS, no games, no lies and definitely no propoganda.

Like you, I dont know him personally and can only assume he is a reasonable bloke. But on this, he has led with grubby tactics which is why the "Hirst where is your letter" post has been popular (with me anyway) given the recent developments in the legal case.

Anyway, good factual post from you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.71
Change
0.060(0.52%)
Mkt cap ! $6.650B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.73 $11.82 $11.71 $17.10M 1.453M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6776 $11.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.72 6970 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.