BBG 0.00% $1.05 billabong international limited

Well I rode the last wave (got in around 1.80 out around 2.60 on...

1. 1,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Well I rode the last wave (got in around 1.80 out around 2.60 on the ride up). Where is the value here? Will it get down to the 1.60 - 1.80 mark? And if it does what will be the catalyst for an upward trend? Retail is a mess globally, half of young people in Spain are unemployed; hard to buy a surfboard with no money.

Vertically integrated brands are out performing the sector which is essentially what BBG are becoming. Will the sp bottom out around the 12 month low and sit there until the next earnings forecast?

What can the company do to turn things around? RBA interest rates are sure to tumble in the next six months, that can only be a good thing.

It's funny you know I get the vibe in the hood that surfing is more popular then ever, funny how its hard to make a buck.

I think its also worth noting that the market has undergone quite a dramatic shift as far as competition goes. I have no evidence to back this up but my powers of observation and "hood vibes" tell me that a lot of other vertically integrated retailers have been targeting the surfware market aggressively; Its hard to tell the difference between a shirt from Just Jeans and the twice as expensive Billabong shirt. I also think there is a trend towards plainer less labelled clothes which doesn't really bode well for surfware

Is it worth buying in when there is little foreseeable upside in the nearby future? Food for thought.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.