BBG 0.00% $1.05 billabong international limited

ouch , page-10

1. 76 Posts.
    Goblin I dont agree..generic clothing and rip-offs will not destroy BBG.
    I firmly believe there is still very considerable brand power amongst some of BBG's brands. The business model will prevail, however they will need to shed stores and lessen their current retail presence (...they bit way too much off by acquiring so many stores so rapidly ). Also their vertical integration as a path to market will eventually pay off -as would shedding some weaker performing brands -which Im sure they are considering but probably have a shortage of buyers right now - ...just have to look at DVS who just filed in the states ; best offer is 4mill currently.
    Some concerns I see are.... how does a publicly listed company (with a lot of unwanted business media attention) stay relevant to a 'counter culture' customer base - which is by definition outrightly hostile to the 'corporate world' - of which BBG is now very publicly a part of ? How do you media manage this new 'Target' connection with no credible surf/snow/skate lifestyle experience ?

These issues of course - are all aside from some of the worst retail landscape in Australia and EU in 50 yrs !!! Tough times for a while methinks....
    BBG is down - but not out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.