Bacci I can understand the fear that terrorism by extremists is...

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Bacci I can understand the fear that terrorism by extremists is causing you and that is making you extremely irrational.

I will bet that if our country was being blown to smithereens as is happening in Syria you would be trying to seek refuge anywhere you possibly could that is safer than the predicament you find yourself in. You cant blame people for seeking safety or a better life. its a normal trait. What you can legitimately do is condemn those that refuse to abide by our democracy and its laws and that applies to everyone not just one group. You can also have a tough immigration program but in a free society its an imperative that our citizens can choose any religion or any political persuasion providing they abide by the laws of our land.

Its a slippery slope when some decide to take peoples choices away. if one were to take you literally it means you would want to preclude any entry into Australia even for a Holiday for over a billion people in the world who are Muslims. Given we have several hundred million at our doorstep in Indonesia how do you think they would take your broad brush denigration of them. Trying to tell several hundred million of our neighbours in Indonesia they are unworthy. Will your approach bring the peace and stability in our region that has mainly prevailed for so long? We are 24million people and we need to maintain first class relations with our region and imo we do that and with the Indonesian Authorities co-operate in the fight against terrorism. They suffer it as much as we do.

Fortunately most Australians are rational ,sensible decent and strong people that wont allow the terrible actions of a minority of nutters to cower us into submission. I note that even the terrible Bali bombings did not result in long term apprehension of holidaying there. People take precautions but Australians travel there in there thousands.

If you want to eliminate Muslims bacci you would be as bad or worse than the minority of scumbag terrorists that currently are trying to do us harm. Hitler tried that caper with the Jews and fortunately in spite of the great price the despot was defeated.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.