Nice bit of ducking and diving there NippyHowever changing the...

1. 2,866 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 294
    Nice bit of ducking and diving there Nippy
    However changing the topic when you have have been shown out of your depth should only be done when you move to more solid ground You are not on that ground now

1 I doubt if 40 % of the worlds fertilizer is made from fossil fuels -perhaps you meant nitrogenous fertilizers but i would be interested in seeing the figures either way
    2 If it is-then it is more reason to focus on differing methods of production that are less fossil fuel dependent
    Please dont tell me it cant be done because Zimbabwe (or Rhodesia as it was then) demonstrated the haber Bosch nitrogen process was not the only way.
    They produced the countries AN (34.5% N) with electrolysis of water for hydrogen and extraction of nitrogen from the atmosphere .The energy source was hydro This was done in the late 60s through the 80s and the plant may still be operational now
    3 The objective is not to stop production-just change how it is done
    4 Not sure what Sri Lanka bit is about .I am sure very few agricultural scientists would even contemplate a total switch to organics at this stage and dont think any sane person is suggesting it
    5 I think you need to accept the whole world is changing to try and deal with one of the greatest threats we have faced and every use of fossil fuel usage needs to and will be examined for viable alternatives

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.