FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

In order to get an idea as to Goulamina’s valuation, we tend to...

1. 4,051 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6793

In order to get an idea as to Goulamina’s valuation, we tend to compare it to AVZ, LTR etc. Whilst these 2 stocks aren’t at the upper end of valuations (eg PLL), in order to get a minimum valuation I thought I’d compare it to Prospect Resources PSC, which is what I consider to be the 2nd most under valued lithium stock after us at a similar stage.

PSC has completed their DFS, are fully permitted (like us) and are working on finance etc.

I’ve put the DFS figures in the table below,

They own 70% of their project, we have 90% (possibly 80% but would sell that extra 10%).

Their project is in Zimbabwe which I’d consider to be a higher risk than Mali.

Our NPV is 75% higher than theirs,

Our resource is only 50% bigger, but with the higher grade would be double the LCE

Our planned production is 150% more

Our capex is 20% higher (but for 150% more production)

Our opex is 18% lower

The only place they beat us is IRR, which is hard to understand given the other numbers. Although IRR is useful, I don’t put too much weight on this, as an extreme example. Would you prefer a $1m project with a 50% IRR or a $5b project with a 30% IRR.

They also have offtakes for 72% of their planned production. Offtakes are useful for financing, however smaller companies tend to get screwed in these deals, so I’d prefer to be in our position and have 100% of our production available to any potential buyers/partners in the data room.

PSC have a current market cap of $70m @ 21c.

Given the above figures, at a bare minimum Goulamina should be double their market cap based on NPV & Resource size/grade alone. Then add in the ownership percentage differences, and the other metrics in the table below (many of which are built in to NPV) I think double their market cap would be ultra conservative.

$140m is what I’d call a bare minimum. That values our gold at $40m

It’s just my opinion PSC is the 2nd most undervalued lithium hard rock stock, I’d be happy to hear about any other undervalued stocks at a similar stage.

FFX - GoulaminaPSC% difference
    1Project ownership %9070
    2Market cap A$m??70
    3Resource mt / % Li108.5 @ 1.4572.7 @ 1.1149%
    4Planned production436173150%
    5Opex USD/t28134418%
    6Capex USD19416220%
    7NPV pre tax$1.234b$71074%
    8IRR pre tax %5671

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.