I'm not invested in the market at all lazyguns but when I was I...

1. 568 Posts.
    I'm not invested in the market at all lazyguns but when I was I used a mixture of fundamental and technical analysis (badly I might add!). I got out of everything after taking a smallish hit in 2008 and see absolutely no reason to go back in now.

I learnt this year that the world isn't round it's basically a triangle. The money goes up the triangle to the very tip, you need to work out where you are positioned in this triangle and manage your financial affairs accordingly.

Once I started learning about all these leakages that occur in the US (and probably here) I basically just started seeing the US markets as fruadulent.

I'd say only a handful of people in the world understand the movements in the market which is why this whole RISK ON / RISK OFF market commentary is so in vogue at the moment - nobody has a clue. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if the whole damn thing wasn't rigged so that the "big boys" can get their way in other areas of politics etc. The market used to follow the news but I'd suggest that the news follows the market now.

Basically I just accepted that I would never be able to beat the market as I have no edge at all, I'll be the last to know any important news and by the time I do find out the value will be gone (taken by said insiders). I'm still disgusted that the US Congress are ALLOWED to insider trade. Only found that one out a few weeks ago - very scary indeed (to me anyway).

Good luck with your investing / trading / whatever you want to call it. I'm just a big risk averse wimp who will continue deleveraging and punishing retailers who's goods are simply overpriced and just don't get it yet.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.