re: geffa - rise in nasdaq The rise in the NASDAQ could be...

1. 31 Posts.
    re: geffa - rise in nasdaq The rise in the NASDAQ could be partly explained by this.

I read an article from the CEO where I work and he mentioned an increase in spending on new technologies by 1/6 in the first six months.So confident were IT hardware developers of a sustained recovery that they had boosted their investment in new products by a third over the same period.

The number of new contracts being signed by large IT firms is increasing. He sites the cost cutting by most firms over the past 3 years freeing up capital for new investment in IT.

Also I found this on Microsuck

"Merrill Lynch, the American investment bank, raised their stock recommendation on shares in Microsoft, the world's largest software company, from a hold to a buy, stating the reason for their decision as a worldwide rise in demand for personal computers.

The improved stock recommendation also coincided with a bullish statement from ComputaCenter, Britain's biggest corporate supplier of IT hardware, that it would beat market profit expectations for the half year.

City analyts are expected to increase their estimates by about 10 per cent."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.