SFR 0.34% $8.73 sandfire resources limited

I have been trawling through the sfr tlm vrx,thx and sri...

1. 3,360 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 304
    I have been trawling through the sfr tlm vrx,thx and sri presentations from the last 3 years and with limited data it is hard to see a recurring theme on the geology - deposit model etc etc. SFR have kept the geology model close to the chest which for commercial reasons is fine and expected these days. SRI feb 2011 give a recreation of the degrussa section, the only one I have found to date.

the exploration $$ spent so far have not come up with a repeat of degrussa and several things stand out for me.

1) degrussa,s location close to the Jenkins fault, or parallel inner fault where the "mine sequence" is against the Johnson Cairns shale/siltstone dolomite sequence is unique in terms of geological setting than anywhere else.

2) the "mine sequence" is interpreted by TLM to be the Homer corridor and this sequence has undergone a good amount of exploration to date for only minor mineralisation SFR have now drilled TLD001 - which is essentially a stratigraphic hole I suspect looking to determine if the homer corridor is similar to the mine sequence based on the VMS model but was located to shoot for a EM target as well.

it begs the question as to how significant the volcanic units really are regionally ( ie is it truly VMS) and or are the volcanics at degrussa completely different to the remainder mapped regionally. Are SFR looking outside the VMS box and thinking of other models to follow up on??? The carbonaceous shale in the region is a significant impediment to using EM as an exploration tool and what else could they use to explore with?? Are the regional ENE structures somehow more important than currently interpreted - SFR may well think so but their exploration drilling like TLD001 suggest stratigraphy is still king in their minds.

It makes me look back at SRI's Cairns Johnson cu -au prospect ( for which I have not found much info) because it looks like a very similar setting to degrussa without having any detailed info.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.73
Change
0.030(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $3.992B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.72 $8.73 $8.56 $8.515M 980.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 28010 $8.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.73 6502 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SFR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.