Out by 3000%. Downer's idiotic tweet., page-55

1. 36,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    I don't agree with you on the need for guys like Jeff Bezos to be there. He's one of the top three richest men in the world and he has tremendous influence.

He is already giving a handy amount to environmental research but more importantly, he runs one of the biggest businesses in the world. One that relies heavily on transport, packaging etc.

Getting someone like Bezos to make his business greener makes everyone else make their business greener. Economies of scale would suggest that if Amazon starts doing it, it will easier for smaller businesses to do it.

That said, I absolutely agree on putting things online. Go to one of the major airports, especially MEL , SYD or CBR every morning and watch the amount of people ( pre covid ) that commute daily between cities for their jobs. I have always wondered at the expense and the time wasted by doing that.
    We have all been to meetings where you provide very little input but are required to put in an appearance. What a waste of time and money.

I'm really surprised that more local business hub facilities haven't sprung up which have super fast internet enabling national meetings in comfort. Kind of like a virtual world version. Surely we have the technology to do that ?

Maybe it's just our steam powered NBN in Australia that is the problem ? redface.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.