MYG 0.00% 72.0¢ mayfield group holdings limited

Maybe it will help if I relay a conversation I had with John a...

1. 155 Posts.
    Maybe it will help if I relay a conversation I had with John a few weeks back. I posted similar on this site back then.

The pre feasability study due out before Christmas is likely to show strong interest by bank/banks in stumping up with the funds, provided the Definitive Feasability Study doesn't spring any nasty surprises when released first half next year.

I'm not worried about this. I believe there is real interest from the banking sector and there shouldn't be a problem, but I also don't believe it is a done deal as yet.

Until the finance is publicly confirmed after the DFS, anything could happen. Perhaps the greatest danger is a meltdown in Europe following Greece's default and a collapse in the banking system if European banks aren't re capitalised by the European Central bank. We are very close to this becoming reality. In such a case, banks around the world might stop lending as a global credit crunch hits and MYG could be out of luck. Still, Aussie banks should miss out on the worst effects.

Otherwise, it's the old story of being patient. MYG is getting closer and closer to its goals. If you want to do anything, pray that the Germans agree to print money which should galvanise the Gold price and keep the lending gates open

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.