RNE 0.00% 0.2¢ renu energy limited

out of favor, page-4

1. 359 Posts.
    A diatribe in reply to your question Gannatrade.

The activity of GDY's shareprice should not concern you 'Ganna', as you say yourself you are a 'long term holder of the stock'. Just like the core of the GDY shareholder make-up I would say.
    We are all different and some re-act in different ways at different times to the way things unfold.
    The Daytrader , quick return, type of players who come along do not hold your views, that of the core holders.
    I would say it would be a fortunate, lucky and rare 'trader' rather than a a sharp and clever one that has managed to make a killing on GDY. Yessiree. Most will have been dissapointed with their attempts to get 'in and out' with a good profit.
    I put it to you that it would be very surprising to find a daytrader with any idea of what proof of concept was about, or the relative importance of connectivity, open circuit testing, closed circuit testing or 1MW pilot plants etc.

This has not been an overnight wonder Ganna. This core of longer term holders, outside of the management and cornerstone type holders etc. have probably been involved for 2 years or more and have a fair grasp of the story.
    There are 187m shares on issue (without the 20+million coming from optios exercise). The average daily turnover is only around 300k. This surges up to a million or more on odd days, usually 'anticipated news' related. Then sells of again over the next few days as the daytraders decide "This was not IT" once again.
    GDY for most daytraders I would say, will have been a great dissapointment in the main.

Your expectation for the share price to move (well)above $2 over recent months was not at all unreasonable.

But consider how drawn out the procedure became rather than a swift and surprising one. (The Blue-Lightning was not quite as magic as we quietly hoped, but it did do it.)

Though well managed there was some drama like, -The vibration issues requiring drill stem mod's. The stratas of very hard basalt. The shear off (gasp), the late trouble with the suspension plug (GASP again)..
    When the target depth was reached it was like "Thank God" rather than "Eurka".

And all of this was set to the terrible turmoil going on in the markets all around the world.

But now, when you sit back. Assess where we (GDY) are now.
    The promise for this venture is now greater and closer than it has ever been!
    As you say Ganna, "Why are people selling off now?"

Well, there has been plenty to confuse and unnerve the casual investor hasn't there.
    Daytraders like to take their losses, if that's the case, and look for something else. In most cases until such times as their funds run out. That's OK. It's their choice

Remenber the price has drifted down on low volume amid relief rather than hysteria. Amid market turmoil and the awareness that nothing fantastic is expected to happen at the well for a few weeks as the business of testing and proving plods on.
    Don't worry, the best is close to hand Ganna.

This ramble is wide open for criticism and discussion.
    I hope some find my thoughts on various perspectives
    of interest.

geojac

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.528M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $2.947K 1.473M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
45 69374924 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 1640944 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.04pm 10/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.