GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Outlook and news, page-104

1. 1,658 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2879
    Hi @Thesi
    For some reason when I think of the Argentinian stock exchange I keep seeing the movie Rango. A guy dressed like Clint Eastwood from Pale Rider rings the rusty bell in the morning and some whitehaired shaman looking dude kickstarts an old 1984 Windows 1.0 computer into action to see how many people want to buy llamas and condor feathers today.
    I guess its more modern than that.

Who knows eh? Could be a Galaxy listing.
    or could just be ... dun dun dun .... a simple mistake?

I wouldn't have thought Argentinian listing would be the first choice - though there may be good local reasons to do so. The new govt incentives go so far as to even provide tax credits to miners particularly in our neck of the woods in Catamarca, which is one of the poorest areas, literally starving for investment. Abject poverty isn't far off the real state of things there with the province productivity indicating median wages hover around $5kUSD/year.

There may be some massive incentives for partnering with Argentinian banks to attract these and possibly other govt tax breaks - employment, rural investment etc.

I honestly don't know if listing there would be considered part of the deal but I am certainly keen on a Hong Kong listing. Same time zone makes a lot of sense to me as far as the technical requirements for synchronised release of announcements. Also gives our Chinese clients/lithium fans easier access to direct access to taking positions in a growth production stock.

What is clear to me though is that there is a lot of things that Galaxy can do next.
    Too many, even. Though I can see how much fun you're having guessing what that will be.

None of us exactly saw BlackRock emerging as a subholder to throw some big support behind us right now - and they are likely to know a lot more about what is going on than we do.

I have a feeling the next step will reveal exactly how smart BlackRock were to take a position at this time.

btw: thanks very much @Greywolf .
    Glad I can amuse you with a bit of my random banter.
    I'll buy you a beer too one day - just save me some of those chips you have. they look delicious.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.