WOW 0.70% $34.21 woolworths group limited

outlook bright, page-47

1. 12,085 Posts.
    stump
    YES. Ellenbrook was 100% Woolworths until 8am March 17 2011. There is a tiny IGA on the other side of Ellenbrook. It's NOT a Progressive IGA. The type that is open 7days 8 'til 9pm, basically a glorified 7/11, shop 100% at one of these stores and you'll go broke. So, confirming, 100% Woolworths.
    Not sure if anyone here familiar with Ellenbrook. It's like a massive modern 'country town'. It's about 30km from Perth GPO. It hasn't got a 'catchment' area around it. It's flanked by the beautiful Whiteman Park(like a mini National Park) on one side, a massive pine plantation on another side and some new estates on another heading towards the satellite area of Midland and whatever on the other side. Basically, we stand alone.
    Woolworths owns the shopping centre. It has covenants to prevent competition. I think the covenants 'ease off' legally as population increases, which is happening at a faster rate than anticipated. As I mentioned in an earlier post they built the centre bigger than was required when the area was 'born'. We have one servo, Caltex, obviously WOW
    owned. One BWS and one Liquor Land. One of this and none of that. Don't get me wrong, it's a very advanced Ellenbrook, high quality amenities and services. It's definitely a case of who ever gets the first shop of a service is laughing all the way to the bank.....and Woolworths has been hysterical for the last 10/15 years. And I commend them. They had the vision to come here and have been more than reasonable with their prices considering the absolute lack of competition. I have the utmost respect for them and will continue to support them. They did piss me off
    once. Some pet store opened up well outside, up the road etc and they cried that it was in contravene of the covenant, competing with the shopping centre. What??? It didn't open in the complex, and competing with what? An aisle of pet food LOL
    Just a side note: the Coles store has them on edge! The bargains they have been dishing out(Woolworths) are give away prices. But, I have no doubt they will kick Cole's arse. Why? Coz in my opinion they have always maintained their standard with no competion within kilometres. They know to be number one you must never compromise. Coles got slack and now has to play catch up. I'll give it to WES, they're trying hard.
    Also, Woolworths also recently opened another high tech store in Bennet Springs. Why mention it? There are two other Woolworths stores within 1 km of this one! They ain't giving Coles one iota of breathing space! These people are hard cases. All the better for our share price. Can't wait to see what they do with the hardware on slaughter they are planning on Bunnings. Maybe they will up the ante on Bunning's sausage sizzle and have a kebab sizzle LOL
    Good luck people :))

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$34.21
Change
-0.240(0.70%)
Mkt cap ! $41.79B
Open High Low Value Volume
$34.63 $34.68 $34.10 $56.69M 1.657M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2212 $34.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$34.22 671 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.