WOW 0.26% $35.06 woolworths group limited

P2W,I am familiar with Ellenbrook. I do recall there was some...

1. 514 Posts.
    P2W,
    I am familiar with Ellenbrook. I do recall there was some unusual competition laws set up out there, perhaps you can elaborate on that as I can't recall how it was structured - it might explain the lack of Coles, IGAs etc for the past 10 or 15 years. At the end of the day, the only thing going for WOW out in Ellenbrook now is the growing population base. With Coles in town, you could only realistically expect a 50:50 share, or thereabouts, of sales - ie WOW should have taken an instant hit from 100% to around 50% maybe 60% or whatever. This will be offset by new developments such as Aveley and alike (you probably know the details better than I do - I'm far from an expert on the area) Will they kick Coles' arse? I doubt it. As I said, normal distribution will be in the ballpark of 50% each. The Coles store will be a new format, they are far more competitive these days, and I doubt that each store will be out to "kick each other's arse", so no natural competitive advanatge really exists imo.

Regarding your comments on Bennett Springs and WOW setting up a third store and not giving Coles any "breathing space" - I'm not sure that having 3 stores within 1km is necessarily in shareholders' best interests....

Whilst I diagree with some of what you've said, I appreciate your post, it was good to get some in depth local commentary.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$35.06
Change
-0.090(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $42.82B
Open High Low Value Volume
$34.86 $35.06 $34.77 $106.1M 3.076M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4706 $35.05

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$35.06 9843 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.