IMU 1.47% 6.7¢ imugene limited

Outstanding news, page-29

1. 573 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4736

I will try to clarify from my experiences speaking at conferences ...

Oral presentations
    usually have a very specific ‘run time’ which is decided prior to the conference. Depending on the conference (state/national/international) you will be allocated between 30 minutes to an hour, unless you are a keynote. As a keynote (invited for a very particular purpose) you may have longer. I was given a whole session (2 hours once when keynoting in Singapore). With an oral presentation you usually need to submit an abstract initially and then, upon acceptance, a professional level paper. It may also need to be peer reviewed.

I often prefer to do oral presentations as I will have a lot to cover and I may need to have some control over the time. There may only be time for a couple of questions because you will be clearing the stage for the next presenter.

Poster sessions
    can be shorter and rely heavily on static images (posters) to help convey the information or data. You chose what the poster/s will look like (graphs, charts, etc). In my experience I will start with a shorter opening presentation and then invite questions. This way you can unpack the data as deeply as each questioner requires. It’s also much more personal.

I would choose a poster session in a situation where the data is still ‘evolving’, or the data is is very, very ‘recent’, if you know what I mean. There is no written paper that must be submitted. The big, big plus of the poster session (in my experience) is you can take far more questions and can elaborate more easily. Because of the nature of the poster session you can very easily organise subsequent meetings, with interested parties, if required, because you are engaging directly in this situation.

I don’t know if this helps, just my experience working in these environments over many years. Others may have very different experiences depending on the conference type.

Last edited by Outlander2: 01/11/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
-0.001(1.47%)
Mkt cap ! $490.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.8¢ 6.9¢ 6.7¢ $1.031M 15.24M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1428024 6.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.8¢ 485975 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.75 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.8¢ 6.9¢ 6.7¢ 4516697
Last updated 15.59pm 30/05/2024 ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.