DVP 0.81% $2.44 develop global limited

Steve Glass is a decent guy, have known him for 20 years. But...

1. 109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    Steve Glass is a decent guy, have known him for 20 years. But i'm not sure you can call his analysis 'factual'. I would call it subjective.
    I have followed the DVP story for a while now but i haven't owned them. And i probably won't.
    Without wanting to sound too negative i just thought i would share my thoughts on it. Take from it what you will or nothing.
    Woodlawn is not a tier 1 asset or anything like. Its been a money pit for its 2 previous owners who have shut it down. Indeed Heron predominantly bought it to reprocess the 3 tailings dams. The pit was used for a while as a bio project and Sydney waste was meant to fill it up. My point being is that the ore body is very complex and the ore is very hard to extract. The previous 2 owners have failed and lost a lot of money trying. DVP in their reporting talk of 20 years of previous profitability at Woodlawn. This may be correct, but i doubt it, why have the previous owners gone broke and how did DVP pick it up for only $30m in a boom time market in 2022?
    What is clear is that the previous owners spent a lot of money on the plant etc. Can DVP get this to work differently, are the CEO and his team so much better than those who went before? That's above my pay grade.
    Woodlawn has been a problem child since it was discovered, promising a lot but delivering the receivers. (unlike several others further NW up the LFB where most things seem easier!)
    Woodlawn and the Li price indicates to me that DVP is still overvalued. The contracting business though looks very real and profitable, potentially a great business.
    Just my thoughts, reality can be different from hype. Personally i can see $1.50 - 2.00 as realistic in the next year. Longer term who knows, the CEO has certainly seen success previously.
    As always DYOR, no advice here.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DVP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.44
Change
-0.020(0.81%)
Mkt cap ! $592.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.40 $2.47 $2.40 $1.220M 501.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 184 $2.43

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.45 8710 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.44
  Change
-0.020 ( 0.49 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.42 $2.47 $2.41 147250
Last updated 15.59pm 21/05/2024 ?
DVP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.