TVN 2.67% 7.3¢ tivan limited

Paul Burton is certainly paid a very handsome salary compared to...

1. 56 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    Paul Burton is certainly paid a very handsome salary compared to CEOs of ASX-listed companies with a similar market cap.

However, he's running of the most promising and largest projects around. That's not an easy task, there are many uncertainties and obstacles to overcome, and shareholders may recognise, that Paul Burton has at least successfully attracted top tier partners on all levels of the Mt. Peake project.

At the bottom line of things his pay package, as long as it isn't enlarged further, doesn't really matter, and even the extension of the loan for his loan funded share package (in the absence of other incentives like stock options) shouldn't worry us too much.

To the ones who are constantly complaining about missed time lines: Paul Burton is operating in partially uncharted technological territory here and I guess everybody involved - including him - is on quite some learning curve.

I don't say, that he's the greatest CEO of all times, and some of his past statements in hindsight appear naively optimistic, but he's always marketed the project very well, he's accumulated a wealth of project knowledge by now, he has built great relationships with his partners and he now knows the challenges involved in getting this thing financed and built better than anybody else.

TNG as a stock remains a tempting gamble. One may lose 8.5c per share, if all goes wrong, or make one or two bucks, if either Mt. Peake gets up and running, TIVAN is licensed and/or some major player from the synthetic rutile or titanium dioxide pigment industry takes us over.

The biggest risk from my perspective is a blowout on Mt. Peake capex and opex. Australia isn't a low-cost place to build and run large plants and Darwin is not known as an industrial hub that provides a lot of synergies for a chemical factory.
    Everything else just seems to be a matter of time and a favourable investment climate.
    Let PB and his team work!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.3¢
Change
-0.002(2.67%)
Mkt cap ! $120.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 7.5¢ 7.1¢ $42.78K 581.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 142943 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.4¢ 48000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.