ORG 0.58% $10.31 origin energy limited

looks ok. But ppl have said AMP was good for the last few years...

1. 1,961 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    looks ok. But ppl have said AMP was good for the last few years too.
    strong healthy utilities is vital for a healthy country.
    Low demand caused by a soft season boohoo
    I guess ppl had an appetite to buy these a $15 a share not long ago. So $4.44 seems like value.
    I think a lot of ppl see solar systems getting installed all the time and think ow renewables are going to ruin utility companies. I think the opposite. Solar only generates useable electricity/feed in credits through the day. The excess is bought by guess who at 8 cents, then resold at a premium of 25 cents. So that’s a phenomenal return. The government is scaling down solar rebates, so the upfront price of purchasing solar will go up, and if utilities can offer lower prices, it’ll make solar payback a bigger task. The government has reached its solar targets. So utilities will start offering less and less for the feed in tariffs. Meaning most will need to get batteries at some point. Even if a solar & battery system got to $15k-$20k it’d be a very difficult sale point, especially if energy prices stabilise to a good price that made it unattractive to put so much money into clean energy.
    Plus if it really is so dire, some of the small utility companies will go bust and business returns to the majors.
    either way ORG wins.
    I think there’s a bit of fear and short sighted vision by investors right now.
    be interesting to see what happens if we have a cold winter. Renewables aren’t good during winter. Businesses ramping up, a good season here could see a generous dividend.
    ORG appear to have managed their cost quite well through the period, seems more upside than downside from here. I think it would take more courage to sell ORG shares than to buy them at the moment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.