Overheard Trump Sondland phone call, page-150

1. 6,724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Re "I'm comfortable that the transcripts show Trump has done what has been claimed, you are welcome to have your own view about the transcripts. If the trial turns out to be an actual trial, they can argue the merits of the transcript as evidence of wrong doing or not."

Well at best it's tenuous. As I said earlier I don't think it's anywhere near clear enough. One leader asking another for a favour but there's no evidence it was conditional on funding beyond a bit of verbal extrapolation and, in reality, that is how it played out, there was no link. I understand you think that was because Trump was warned, but again that is open to interpretation. In comparison to Clinton, the blue dress is clean imo.

Re "Sondland tried to protect Trump, realized he was at risk for lying, and change/added to his testimony, twice)" l agree that he lied and was worried hence the nonsensical addendum. In my opinion, that rules out any merit his account might provide.

"That is their problem, (but as it is still playing out, we'll have to wait and see the end result)."

I guess so, but if the Democrats (Pelosi) don't push on with this, then you'll know for sure that this is not about preserving democracy and the constitution, but instead just grubby politics.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.