QAN 5.34% $6.71 qantas airways limited

Just looking.I reckon you have been out of the country too long,...

1. 1,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Just looking.

I reckon you have been out of the country too long, so your ignorance is excusable.

Qantas is totally different company to what it used to be.
    I have been with them for almost 25 years, luckily I am not a baggage handler.
    Pilots earn very well and engineers also.
    Mind you allowances and shift penalties make a big difference to final total. Not everybody can take these shifts and changing time zones.

This dispute is not about money at all.

It is about changing work conditions and job security.
    After you work for one company for any lenght of time years your job skills are finally focused on the industry you are in. Most likely one is too old to start again elsewhere. Besides, one puts down roots that are hard to break.
    Sure pilots are in demand in Middle East and in China, but not many Aussies are adventurous enough to uproot their families, kids that are settled in schools and friendships, wifes in their own careers,
    Move to Abu Dhabi will end all this. But that is what is being asked of some of them.

Sure there are no 100 percent guarantees when one gets a job but in my opinion there is a kind of mutual obligation between the parties. At least there used to be.

This idea that Qantas can not survive without starting premium airline based in Asia is bonkum.

I am glad when I will not be with the company any more when the sorry mess unwinds.

Arrogant Qantas management has not get any idea how to to business in Asia. They will discover it at their peril. And take the airline and employees down with them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.