QAN 0.33% $6.05 qantas airways limited

Hi frantic.the miners will be next. they want to bring in low...

1. 1,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

Hi frantic.

the miners will be next. they want to bring in low paid workers ....
    Miners are already doing it mate. I have heard about Irish tradies, being flown to OZ for a month, working day and night 12 hour shifts, then going home for a month's break when the alternate team is here. And rotating month work month off.
    I do not know how much are they paying them but probably enough because you do not hear them complaining.

BTW Qantas tried similar caper years ago when still government owned. After Anset tradesmen got 15% inflation driven pay rise, Qantas people wanted one as well.
    But government decided to fight inflation allowed only 6% for government employees. Skilled tradesmen were leaving Qantas in droves to become bus drivers at much higher pay. So Qantas hired Irish tradies at even lower wages and flew them to Sydney, including their families.
    Wages looked good in Ireland at the time, but when the suckers discovered Sydney's cost of living, there was a small uprising and Qantas came up quickly with rent allowance for them.
    The remaining original Qantas employees were now paid less and demanded increase or rent allowance but were refused.
    So they kept leaving.
    Situation was eventually resolved by getting all these workers to come to work one hour earlier - supposively for operational reasons, so Qantas could pay them 15% loading on day's wages. This was followed by award "restructure" and everyone got a bit of pay rise.

It was never a bed of roses working for Qantas and it is getting from bad to worse.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.05
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $9.858B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.06 $6.07 $5.98 $21.32M 3.527M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17414 $6.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.06 36670 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.