NUF 0.43% $4.62 nufarm limited

oversold situation

1. 3,298 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    Over the last few days I have taken a position in NUF on the basis this stock is totally oversold.
    During May NUF traded mostly in the range of $12 -$12.50, then NUF raised institutional money at $11.25 (raised over $300 million) & had a SPP at $10.18. So the financial strength of NUP has been greatly enhanced through the raising of additional funds to lower its debt level.
    Farming is a difficult game even without a Global Financial Crisis, but we are dependant on obtaining our food supplies irrespective of financial markets.
    Two key ingredients for our food supplies are fertilizers & herbicides, no farmer is going to farm without these ingredients.
    Whilst farming is very unpredictable & circumstances can change quickly i.e. weather, it would appear Australia is off to a good start this year & only needs follow up rains to produce a good season, while countries like Brazil are now receiving Government assistance to see crops are being planting.
    The reality is farmers will be supported & encouraged to plant & grow crops, so the dominant market position of NUF in the herbicide section should eventually see a return to normality, irrespective of whether a few institutional fund managers are unable to hold onto their stock & must sell down.
    This recent selldown in NUF has only created an opportunity for investors who like value in a near monopoly market that is essential for providing our food supplies.
    Regards
    Buffett
    PS Owning the essential input suppliers to farming is easier than farming & also more profitable, because less risk.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NUF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.62
Change
0.020(0.43%)
Mkt cap ! $1.766B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.59 $4.65 $4.55 $2.621M 569.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1990 $4.61

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.63 6314 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NUF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.