BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

oversold, page-8

1. 2,496 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    drafter, Pfizer would also certainly be aware of the following:

"..The great majority of cases brought to the Supreme Court are denied certiorari (approximately 7,500 petitions are presented each year; between 80 and 150 are granted."

In any case even in the unlikely event that it is granted:

"..The granting of a writ does not necessarily mean the Supreme Court has found anything wrong with the decision of the lower court. Granting a writ of certiorari means merely that four judges ( out of nine) feel the circumstances described in the petition are sufficient to warrant the full Court making a review of the case and of the lower court's action.
    "One situation where the Supreme Court sometimes grants certiorari is when the federal appeals courts in two (or more) federal judicial circuits have ruled different ways in similar situations, and the Supreme Court wants to resolve that "circuit split" about how the law is supposed to apply to that kind of situation. Issues of this type are often called "percolating issues."

Correct me if i am wrong but didn't more than one Federal Court already find in BLT's favour ?? No "circuit split" as far as i can find.

The chances of Nucleonics being granted a writ of certiorari and then also winning must be very slim.

Pr granted between 1.1% and 2%
    Pr Nucleonics winning ( let's be generous) 20%
    therefore Pr of Nucleonics being granted a writ of certiorari and then winning is between 0.22% and 0.4%
    Not even worth preparing an opposition brief at this stage?, imho. [ 0.011x0.2=0.0022=0.22% etc]

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.